Hands Together LUDLOW supports Social Inclusion in many ways:
The Social Inclusion Group has been set up with the following aims:
• To identify those who are isolated and in need, especially those suffering the effects of dementia.
Ludlow Dementia Action Alliance
The Ludlow Dementia Action Alliance is made up of organisations that operate across the town and are working towards becoming a Dementia Friendly Community, to improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers.
• To attempt to understand the root causes of loneliness and isolation, and develop a strategy to alleviate these problems.
• To set up a network of befrienders using existing resources where available.
• To provide aid and assistance by signposting existing resources (eg. luncheon clubs), making referrals to partner organisations, using volunteers and an advocacy advisor.
• To publicise these measures in a way that can be easily located and accessed.
• To investigate the needs of carers to ensure that they get the support they need.