About the project
Good Start Together is a parent and toddler group run by volunteers. It offers a space for parents with anxiety and other issues to come together in a mutually supportive environment.
- As well as support we provide encouragement and activities for parents with post-natal depression, anxiety and low self-esteem, all of which can hinder growth, socialisation and child development.
- Good Start Together has a wonderful selection of all the toys that toddlers love to play with. The volunteer organisers are trained and have backgrounds in education and child development.
- Numbers are kept low to create a welcoming and safe space for parents to build supportive relationships with the volunteers and each other.
- Membership of the group is strictly by referral only. For further information or to make a referral please email: email@example.com
- The group meets on Thursday mornings at the Methodist Church.
Find out more about how you can volunteer.
"It’s the highlight of my week."
"I love coming to the group to have adult conversation as well as watching my tot enjoying playtime."
"(It’s) a calm and friendly atmosphere."