Community Fridge Volunteer
We are open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm. This is covered in 3 hour shifts by a team of volunteers working in pairs. Duties include:
Sorting and organising food donations.
Maintain accurate records.
Cleaning and general maintainance.
Welcome people visiting the hub.
Volunteer Food Collection Drivers
We collect food from a variety of food businesses and supermarkets and make it available to all, regardless of personal circumstances.
We have daily collections from some supermarkets and ad hoc from others. We expect our collections to increase to other providers and need drivers to fetch the items and bring them to the Food Hub. There is often also a need to call at the Hub first so delivery trays can be returned.
Times, days and collection points are varied. Drivers can do just one collection a week or more if you are available. Collections run on a rota. Duties include:
- Collect food from local businesses and deliver to the Hub
- Engage with donors to ensure that the transition is smooth and trouble free. We want to help the donors, not become a nuisance
- Record the food items against donor details to pass on to the hub volunteers
- Ensure that food is transported safely according to Health and Safety guidelines
- Report any problems to the hub volunteers
Hub Kitchen VolunteerRun by volunteers, our kitchen will provide refreshments for our building users from the staff team, the Men's Shed attendees and fridge volunteers to those coming to our warm space, attending job club or digial inclusion sessions or using our meeting room. Duties will include:
- Making and serving hot and cold drinks
- Keeping the cafe area clean and tidy
- Cooking surplus food into soups (and possibly simple meals) for serving and freezing
- Providing a listening ear and friendly conversation to those visting the building
For more infomaton, click the link below and complet the no obligation apllication for and we will be in touch for a chat.
Both the Kitchen and Fridge volunteers will need to undertake a Food Hygiene (online) course which we will fund.